Thursday, June 10, 2010

2 Days to New York

So today I spent my morning in court for a traffic violation... After I heard lifetime like story, that nearly brought me to tears, it was evident to me that I was in the wrong courtroom. To share a little of this sad story with you guys, it involved a young mother of two children and her clearly disturbed boyfriend. She was a young white women and her boyfriend was Mexican. The story went like this, she was badly beaten because she decided to buy flowers for the house instead of more beer. He said he was teaching her a lesson for being so stupid by punching her repeatedly in the face, tossing her around, kicking her, and verbally abusing her while his 2 month old baby girl and her 3 year old son watched crying. SAD SAD SAD. After the DA informed to the judge of what took place in the home, she was asked to speak. This next part is what almost brought me to tears. She opened her swollen month, paired with a nice black eye to tell the judge none of that happened. She said her injuries were self inflicted and he had nothing to do with it. I'm not sure if she told that lie because she was trying to save him from deportation or she was so scared and confused that she thought it was ok? Whatever it was, it hurt my heart that not only is this women going through this but that her young children have a man like that as a father. I've seen movies like this on lifetime and heard about it but never really seen it with my own eye's. I sat in that courtroom and felt as if I was the victim, that's how sad it was. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We as women have so much worth and it just hurts me to see someone going through something so unnecessary. That story, although it didn't relate to anything I've ever been through, put some things in perspective for me. It reminded me to never settle, be smart about things you'll have to live with forever and dream big. It reminded me that I was put on this earth for a reason and to never stop working hard. It reminded me of the struggle and of the triumph. Ladies we have to do better, we have to want more if not just for ourselves for our children and our children's children. This post wasn't meant to put a damper on any one's day, I just had to share the craziness I witnessed today. Peace and love Dayleigh Dosers! Back to packing :)... Two days and I'm outtie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is truly a sad story but so many women are living in fear... I agree women please wake up & understand your worth .... seek help..... above all love yourself...

thk for sharing this story it made me count my blessing

Unknown said...

I can't believe she said she self inflicted that....WOW! That made my mouth drop. I think she was scared of him and didn't want to say in front of him what he did to her. That is a really sad story...sheesh!